All signs are pointing to strong interest in families hitting the road in record numbers this year. MMGY Global research has shown a renewed surge in family travel and Virtuoso’s recent travel advisor surveys indicate multigenerational travel and reuniting for celebration trips are major travel motivators this year.
Data compiled by Zicasso, a California-based online travel referral platform, shows family group bookings like reunions and celebration vacations has grown by a whopping 57% from 2019 to 2022.
Destination Reunions, the place where family group travel starts, has seen a surge in interest with website traffic up 24% in January of this year alone. The platform offers a variety of feature content and expert advice on family-friendly destinations, best practices in planning and how to orchestrate a great family group vacation. These tips help uncover new hacks and find unique destinations better than any other resource. The firm’s recently released 2022 guide features a mixture of destination insight and timely advice.
Stories in the 2022 Destination Reunions guide include:
- Multigenerational Disney World Vacations: Where families can make the most out of their trip to the ultimate family travel destination.
- 20 Tips for a More Eco-Friendly Reunion: Look for ways to make your next family get-together a win for the environment.
- It’s the Great Outdoors for Us: Taking the reunion outside is a fun idea.
- Top Tour Companies Create Unforgettable Family Trips: Take an epic vacation and leave the planning to the experts.
- Working with a Travel Advisor: A professional can do wonders in planning that big family trip.
- Puerta Vallarta Family Resorts: Escape to this jewel along the Pacific coast.
“Family vacations and reunions are sought-after times for bonding and reconnecting, and expectations run high,” said Nancy Schretter, Destinations Reunions’ contributing editor. “The insightful features in this issue are filled with detailed information, expert advice, insider travel secrets, and step-by-step tips to make it easy to plan the ultimate family trip.”
For more information about planning reunions and multigenerational family vacations, and to pick up a complimentary copy of the 2022 Destination Reunion guide, visit DestinationReunions.com.
Destinations, attractions and hotels seeing to increase their share of family group business can learn more here.